Relaunch of the USA Karate Regional Referee and Judge Certification Program from the Referee Committee
by USA NKF Staff
We are excited to announce the formal relaunching of the USA Karate Regional Referee and Judge Certification Program. The purpose of this program is to train and certify tournament officials at the local level so that we can increase the number of officials qualified to participate in our signature events. The basic program materials and explanations can be found on our USA Karate Website. To participate in the program and become a certified official, candidates must be at least 14 years old and must hold at least a brown belt.
We are looking for instructors who are willing and qualified to teach the program. Program instructors must meet the following requirements:
- Current USA Officials’ license of at least National Kata Judge A and National Kumite Referee A
- Active USA Karate membership
- Safe Sport Training
- Background screening
- Attendance at an annual Instructor Seminar administered by the USA Karate Education Committee
- Participation as an official in at least one USA Karate Signature Event each year
- Attendance at a Referee Seminar at a Signature Event at least annually
- Sign and comply with the USA Karate Officials’ Code of Conduct
If you are interested in becoming a program instructor, please review the instructors requirements then fill out the online application which can be accessed at https://www.karateeducommittee.com/registration. A member of the USA Karate Referee Education Committee will follow up once applications are submitted to discuss training opportunities for program instructions.