2014 6th place, Bremen, Germany 2016 6th place, Linz, Austria 2018 5th place, Madrid, Spain
Nov 7, 1969
Sabahudin Tricic was born and grew up in Rudo, Bosnia. He started practicing Karate at the age of 15 in a local school club. He trained there for two years, and was invited to Karate Club Priboj, where he practiced and competed in local tournaments in Kumite for another two years. Upon enrolling in college in Sarajevo, Bosnia, Sabahudin was invited to join Karate Club “Bosna,” university club at Faculty of Sarajevo, where he competed as U-21. There, he made the senior representation team, by winning the first place in National Championship in -75kg Elite Kumite, and third place in Elite Team Kumite at Balkan Championship. However, Sabahudin’s Kumite career was cut short by war in 1992, when he was blinded by a shrapnel....Tricic plays the accordion and fishes.
- Sabahudin was evacuated to USA for medical treatment, where he continued his Karate career, training his children at the same time. He has competed in numerous local tournaments in Kata and won medals in a regular sighted category. Sabahudin has been a National champion in 18+ Male Elite Para-Kata Visually Impaired category six times, and PanAmerican Champion twice. At World Senior Championships, Sabahudin has placed 6th twice and 5th once. Sabahudin has also hosted the Bosnian team for USA Open Championship three times, providing the opportunity to youth born during the war to compete on an international level. Sabahudin is a 4th Dan in Shotokan and a brown belt in Yamani Ryu Kobudo and Daito Ryu Aiki Jitsu.
- PKF: 2017 1st place, Curacao
- PKF: 2018 2nd place, Santiago, Chile
- PKF: 2019 1st place, Panama City, Panama
- 6x National Championships Gold Medalist
- 2x National Championships Silver Medalist
- 1x USA Open Championships Gold Medalist
- 1x USA Open Championships Silver Medalist
- 3x USA Open Championships Bronze Medalist