2017 Junior Pan American Championships: Kumite Silver Medalist
Ewa Beach, HI
I started karate when I was 5 years old....I've made the Team three times! My first time was in 2017 for the 16-17 kumite -53 kg. My second time was in 2018 for both 18-20 kata and 18-20 kumite -55kg. This year will be my third time and I will also be competing in the 18-20 kata and 18-20 kumite -55kg....My heroes in real life are my parents. They are my heroes because they support me through everything that I do. They are always trying to help me strive to become a better athlete and a better person....My biggest win was back in 2017 when I won the silver medal in my kumite weight class at the Junior Pan American Championships in Argentina. It was my most memorable win because it was the first time I had made the Junior National Team....I love learning from my mistakes from previous competitions and then trying to improve for my future competitions....I get my inspiration from my Sensei, George Kotaka. He always inspires us to keep pushing to never give up. I also get my inspiration from some of my friends on the Senior National Team.
- 3x Junior National Team Member
- 2018 USANKF Nationals: Kumite Gold Medalist/Kata Gold Medalist
- 2017 58th Annual All Hawaii State Karate Championships: 1 gold, 5 silvers, 1 bronze, and The Outstanding Overall Tournament Competitor Award
- 2017 USANKF Nationals: Kumite Silver Medalist
- 2016 57th Annual All Hawaii State Karate Championships: 2 golds, 4 silvers, 1 bronze, and Most Inspirational Fighter Award